We all want to get the most time out of our cut flower arrangements, so we have put together this handy guide that will help you keep your flowers for longer.
- Flowers that are delivered will generally be transported in an aqua box, flowers are ok to stay in this environment for a couple of days but after this I would be thinking of transporting them to a new vase.
- Make sure your new vase is clean, add fresh water and the flower food provided.
- Before adding the flowers to the vase re-snip the ends of the flowers, cutting at an angle too creates a larger area for the stems to absorb water without losing too much length from the stem.
- The environment will affect the shelf life of your flowers, radiators under windows are the perfect place to accelerate the blooming process. H31-421 Hence, flowers don’t last as long here. Keep flowers out of direct sunlight and in a cool place.
- Keep an eye out for leaves and stems that are starting to perish and remove asap, to avoid contaminating the rest of the flowers in the bouquet. Not all flowers last the same amount of time.